Medina Law Group, P.A. is seeking an ambitious, entrepreneurial, and disciplined Associate
Attorney desiring to grow in the practice areas listed below. The successful candidate will
demonstrate characteristics consistent with the firm’s mission of developing better legacies by
caring well for our clients and their families through active listening, genuine compassion, and
Focusing on mentorship and developing partner-quality attorneys, the Associate Attorney will
work closely alongside an AV Rated and Florida Bar Board Certified Wills, Trusts and Estates
Attorney and benefit from his 25 years of experience. Working at our busy, boutique firm, the
Associate Attorney can expect to begin meeting with clients shortly after hire and be entrusted
with high-level planning assignments. The position is full-time with a competitive benefit and
incentive-based salary package.
• Manage legal documentation and correspondence in strict confidence
• Identify and assess issues, evaluate risk, conduct research, and provide legally sound
recommendations to clients and staff
• Analyze and interpret laws, rulings, and regulations
• Draft and review legal documentation
• Review IOTA account bank statements
• Participate in networking initiatives to create and maintain client relationships
• Effectively communicate complex materials in an easily understood manner
• Ensure all clients’ billing and reimbursable expenses are recorded within 24 hours of the
• Florida Bar License
• LL.M. in taxation, estate planning, or elder law a plus
• 1-3 years’ experience in specific areas of legal practice provided by Medina Law Group,
P.A. Preference given to elder law and estate planning.
• Excellent attention to detail and confidential integrity
• Proficient interpersonal and communication skills, with a focus on team success
• Comfortable interacting with a variety of clients; relational personality to create and
maintain positive client rapport
• Effective time management, organization, and task flexibility. Ability to manage several
on-going projects simultaneously.
• Effectively resolve problems through independent and collaborative means
• Comfortable with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, SharePoint) and a general
aptitude for learning new software. Additional experience in Clio, West Law, Wealth
Counsel / Elder Counsel, and/or Asana preferred.
• Bilingual preferred (English and Spanish)
Medina Law Group, P.A. practices in the areas of elder law, estate planning, asset protection,
probate, guardianship, trust administration, tax planning, and business planning. Recognizing
that documents do not solve problems, the firm encourages creativity and a comprehensive
approach to serving the client’s best interest.
While we at Medina Law Group, P.A. understand perfection to be unattainable, we do strive for
excellence in every area of our lives. As such, a personal commitment to maintaining a high level
of integrity, ethics, and professionalism is expected as well as assuming responsibility for
inevitable mistakes. The ideal candidate will also possess a positive, proactive disposition with
an eagerness to learn and accept new challenges.
Positioned in Lakeland, Florida’s beautiful downtown, Medina Law Group, P.A. is committed to
serving our clients and communities with the highest degree of excellence. As part of this
mission, residence within Polk County (and preferably the City of Lakeland) is paramount. Many
opportunities to network and build client trust are lost when our attorneys are not living and
working in this community. Before applying, below are a few websites to peruse to learn about
many of the goings-on in Lakeland and see if our community will be a good fit for you!
Reference checks, background screening, and credit checks are conditions for Offer of
Employment. Given the leadership role of the Associate Attorney, top candidates will be
asked to participate in additional screening with a third-party organizational psychologist.
With your resume, please submit a brief cover letter explaining your interest in our firm and why
you are best suited for this position.